1.Numbers of countries you have visited?
60, but some were for barely a day or two. I would say 50 countries for sure meaning more than 2 days! It is not nearly as many as the countries my fellow couchsurfers or other backpackers have seen. They are the ones who should be doing a blog!
2. How do you juggle that with work?
Well, if you see on my Linkedin profile, I worked since I was 16 and I had some amazing jobs. With my last employment, I actually quit because I knew I needed to do a big trip (to South America), before moving abroad with my boyfriend. Me and my boyfriendo lived in Laos. I am looking forward to getting a job as event planner or work in Marketing. And Believe me, you having 10 days a year holidays is just another excuse :).
3.What about the money?
It might seem like crazy talk to you, but I rarely check my bank account…in fact I hate checking it. Money is so far from my head…
But, so, how did I make it all happen?
- I had some savings (but I never ever actually told myself: ”Okay, Kristina, You will start saving for South America now”), but I always lived my life to the fullest and never limited myself.
- My boyfriend also helped me in the past year and a half to visit some destinations with him(around 10 countries)
- I do have a student loan, so keep in mind, I am ALWAYS in the negatives and now a lot more than before the 6 months South American trip..
- I research A LOT :flights tickets; save by couchsurfing; workaway.info. There are many ways to travel cheaper.
4.What is your goal?
I want to live in 10 countries (I am at 8!), travel around them and along the way and then find 1 that will just steal my heart and I will finally settle down there.
5. What are your Near future plans for visits?
Serbia, Japan, Fiji…
Later on- Tanzania, The Baltic trio countries, Ukraine…
6. What’s your favorite country/city so far?
Italy, Colombia. I also like Philippines, Amsterdam, Cannes.
7. Traveling alone or with someone?
I always preferred traveling alone and even if one day I marry, I will go on solo adventures. It is the best way to gain perspective, trust and develop your abilities, challenge and discover new strengths within yourself.
Traveling with a friend can be also useful in terms of, someone to take pictures of you, to keep you safe when you drink etc.
And with a boyfriend, it’s not bad, but I meet a lot less people and I am more lazy this way.
8. What is your philosophy?
I don’t believe in the System. In the origin itself of humanity, humans were not made, intended and brought to the Earth to get an admin job, open a bank account, pay taxes, pay off student loans and die. No, we were explorers and we lived close to Nature.
I am really scared every single time before a big trip, I have a fear in my belly and I get no support from any family member or friends, but I go, I get on the damn plane and once I start, it’s difficult to stop…
The basic philosophy is:
Life won’t wait for you to be ready
9. What can we expect from this blog?
I just want to motivate you to travel; share some insane adventures with you; give you useful links and tips; answer your questions!
10. Favorite travel quote:
Hmmm, it went like that:
You can’t live the same year 80 times and call it a Life.
I really think we have forgotten what Living really was meant to be and it saddens me so many people think it is impossible and unachievable.
11. What are the biggest challenges of traveling?
Ouf, well, for me, is people forgetting you…I can honestly say that I have no best friend…everyone goes by with their life, distance themselves when I visit, etc.
Another one is Packing every few days! Gosh…I hate it.
Let’s get to know each other 🙂
1. What are your nicknames? What do you prefer to be called?
My sister calls me Kic ( Kitc). My grandma calls me Kiti ( Kitty). Everyone calls me Krissi.
2. What books on your shelf are begging to be read?
I like history fiction with a strong female character. I love the Hunger games, Geisha and Maze runner, and the 40 rules of Love.
3. How often do you doodle? What do your doodles look like?
I actually have a secret gallery with 250 of my graphic drawings and have plans to edit them and make them useful soon…They are weird aliens and very graphic characters.
4. What is the strangest thing you believed as a child?
My grandma told me I will grow taller if I slept after lunch. After my naps, I went to measure myself…
5. What was the most recent compliment you’ve received and savored?
My Colombian CS host and her teenage girl were in awe of my swimsuit body and they yelled: ”OMG, you have an amazing body!!!”. They love curves over there.
6. What is something about yourself that you hope will change, but probably never will?
Ugh. Procrastination. I have been avoiding this blog so long!!! I hope I am on the right path now…
7. Are you high maintenance?
No! I am couchsurfing …lol. I only put makeup on weekends!
8. What do you think about more than anything else?
Most often…how to be more mindful and what others think of me!
9. What’s something that amazes you?
Untouched Nature and people’s actual efforts to preserve it; Creativity and modern architectural design!
10. Describe yourself in 3 words? How would others describe you?
Creative. Traveler. Silly.
Some others are: Golden Heart…Trouble Maker
11. Tell us what you did last week (June 2016)?
Well, I am visiting my family in Bulgaria now. I successfully arrived for my cousin’s birthday!
I went to see a theater play, sadly no one wanted to join from my old classmates. I participated in ”clean Bulgaria in a day” initiative! Sadly, also, no one joined in, but I am very green eco minded and used to do things by myself so it didn’t bother me. My grandma was watching me pick up the trash outside and she also did not understand my motivation lol. I then went to my other grandma’s village and hanged out there. There isn’t much going on there, but she was very happy to see me and also very upset that I am leaving again. I fed the new baby kitties and I picked up luggage from there. I have luggage in 4 different countries that I am picking up along the way to Laos! I also received 40 new facebook friends requests, I was quite popular woah!